12.16.2008

Rain...

Today I feel like it is raining just for me. Yesterday was just one of those rough Mondays where instead of anything getting done - more things just get undone. Paisley is battling yet another ear infection - we have decided it is time for tubes... any sickness she gets just goes strait to her ears and makes her miserable. She cried A LOT yesterday leaving me exhausted... by 7:00 I was ready for bed. That obviously wasn't going to happen - Blake didn't get home until after 10 and Paisley was up until 11pm since she ended up crashing for a second nap because she felt so crummy. SO anyways, enough whining...

TODAY, on the other hand is so much better. I am sitting in my warm house with the Christmas tree lit up and it smells of fudge and Douglas Fir - the perfect X-mas combination. The one thing that makes it all complete is listening to the rain fall outside. Usually the sound would just make me homesick, but today it is the perfect sound to occupy the quiet that surrounds me. Paisley went down for a nap and the peace in my house makes me wonder how some days (like yesterday) can be so rough and then some days (like today) be simply wonderful. Nothing huge or exciting is going on today - but there is just peace in my heart and I love moments like this. Too bad I have to get a few last minute gifts at the mall when Paisley wakes up... nothing like some consumer chaos to shatter my zen moment!

1 comment:

Jessie and Byron said...

Tubes are WONDERFUL!!!! Clayton has not had ONE SINGLE EAR INFECTION or fluid in his since since Febuary when he got his tubes in, his ENT is the best by far, let me know if you want his number!!