4.13.2009

Monday Moms!

"Sisters, find some time for yourself to cultivate your gifts and interests. Pick one or two things that you would like to learn or do that will enrich your life, and make time for them. Water cannot be drawn from an empty well and if you are not setting aside a little time for what replenishes you, you will have less and less to give to others, even to your children. Avoid any kind of substance abuse, mistakenly thinking that it will help you accomplish more. And don't allow yourself to be caught up in the time-wasting, mind-numbing things like television soap operas or surfing the Internet. Turn to the Lord in faith, and you will know what to do and how to do it." - Elder Ballard

My mother-in-law sent me this and it was very fitting right now. I vowed that I would never pay money to belong to a gym. I used to always say "Who would pay to workout, when you could go outside to run?" Well, I have to take this all back because I joined the local club and I love it. For "X amount of dollars" a month, I get the joy of dropping my two kidlins off at the child care (which Paisley thinks is a glorified playgroup), putting on some tennis shoes, and sweating away all my cares. It is so good for me and a great way to fill some of my day with worthwhile "me-time." Oh and the best part is the child care is for two hours - so I work out for an hour and then I get the honor of showering and getting ready without any interruptions... I probably would have joined A LONG time ago based on this perk alone!

3 comments:

Shayla said...

First, LOVE that quote! 2nd, very cute pict of you & sweet Paisley! 3rd, GOOD for you! So important to get that time & it really sounds like it is a win-win for all 3 of you!
Have a great week friend!

erin said...

I agree... gym memberships are TOTALLY worth the money! It keeps me sane! haha :)
Cute picture! And, fun pictures in the last post too!

Krista Darrach said...

I'm so happy for you! I wonder which one you joined. I love the gym....which makes me always wonder why I get in a rut and stop going. Then once I'm there...I think, "Gees! Why haven't I been coming?" (Confession: I don't always like to do things that are good for me)
I'm so glad you are "taking care" of YOU.
Miss ya!