12.31.2009

Upcycled!

Before:
After:

You know how people always say "I am just going to give my kid a cardboard box for Christmas because they play with that more than the toy." Well, I took that to the next level and made Paisley the cutest kitchen with a bunch of junk. The only thing that I didn't have laying around was the contact paper that I covered the box with. I had fun figuring out how to put it together, making the felt food, and watching Paisley open this giant present on Christmas morning. I would like to say that it entertains all day long, but that is just impossible. The only thing that keeps Paisley entertained is having someONE to play with instead of something. So, I have her make me soup, we pretend to wash our hands (she keeps asking for water to come out), and Cosette enjoys ripping off all the velcro'd on food. It is a fun addition to the house and the best part is when we (meaning me) get sick of it - I can throw it away.

P.S. The faucet and handles turn - kind of proud of the engineering on that part.

12 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

That is so cute!! Love it! So when is the big move, are you excited? I am sure pumped for you guys! Things have been crazy here, Stuart quit his job at Cintas and will be starting a new job on the 11th. Its crazy!! Happy New Year!!

Jolene said...

You are amazingly clever! Paisley is blessed to have such a creative and fun Mommy!

Mikelle said...

Holy Moley, I am SO impressed! Hannah is standing by me saying, "Wow, that is good! She made that out of a box! I bet they will keep that for a long time!"

That is such a great idea Cyndi!! May have to copy your idea sometime(if I can ever stop being so lazy!)

Durfee Family said...

Yep, you are amazing! What a great idea! I love kitchens! (Mine included! teehee)

busy bowman said...

If only we had such cool toys to play with! I love your creativity! You are awesome! Brenden is still way impressed by the bakugan pinata too!

Krista Darrach said...

You are a force Mrs. Taylor! That you are! So awesome! You always impress me.
:) Will miss you greatly! Thank goodness for your blog, might not seem like your sooo far away.

Nick and Trisha said...

You are so creative! I love toys you can play with and then when you are tired of them you throw them away. Although I think it would be hard to throw this one away. Great Work!!!

Kim said...

that turned out so cute. When you told me you were going to make a kitchen out of a box, I had no idea that is what you meant. That turned out awesome!! BTW, we still have to play like that with sage. I must say though, it is easy to do while I'm typing an email or something like that.

The Thompson Family said...

How cute! You are so creative Cyndi. What a good Mom you are. Love ya! Oh, and I am jealous you got to go to the Fiesta Bowl. It looks like you had so much fun.

Melanie Papworth said...

GENIUS IDEA!!!!!

alaskamansluckgeorget said...

nice newsy blog,you didn's say to where you moved to in idaho..twenty years ago i lived in sandpoint,was a small homey town,still is sort of..i have a daughter and son-in law still ther..the town has been overbuilt and commercialized..but the surrounding area is to die for..now am retired in homer alaska a town much like sandpoint used to be..good futures for you all..Book to read for your family,easily availible on used books as cheap as .20cents..The Experience, a celebration of Being, by Sirio Esteve..tnx..alaskamansluck

Julie said...

So much fun! Love the creativity!