6.09.2008

Monday Moms!

It's definitely one of those Mondays... so here is my weak attempt at some mommy inspiration!

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity."
- Margaret Nadauld


This is my number one favorite quote! Whenever I feel that I am not pretty enough, rich enough, or good enough - I try to think of this quote. I try to gather strength in the fact that according to the world I am pretty darn ordinary, but in Heavenly Father's eyes I am his daughter - and if Heavenly Father loves me half as much as I love my daughter... then really what else matters!
(Sorry - I hate picture-less posts but can't think of a good one that works!)

2 comments:

Durfee Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Durfee Family said...

I LOVE your Monday Mom quotes! They are amazing! This is one of my favorite quotes too! I think of this all the time as I am raising my daughters. I hope they realize being women of the world isn't half as wonderful as being daughter's of God!
Cyndi, you are wonderful! I'm so glad I've gotten to know you! You are definitely someone I look up to! And we LOVE Paisley too! (and Blake's pretty cool too!) Love, Diane