6.12.2009

Comfy Cozy...

Cosette is all about being comfortable. She will not sleep if her bed is the least bit hard, lumpy, too warm or too cold - and sleeping on her back is 100% out of the question. She hates if her diaper is wet or poopy or if her shirt is damp from "oh-uh pukey." And she thinks that her carseat is some kind of torture device designed to make her life miserable.

This was her make-shift bed for a few weeks - she was anti-crib for who knows why. There are 4 THICK blankets here... can you say "Princess and the Pea."

But then she started doing this - she is underneath our bed in the very middle - so she got trapped back in the crib. She is getting super mobile - army crawls/rolls all over the floor.

We thought that introducing some rice cereal - might help her to sleep... so far no luck and she HATES the stuff. So funny how kids are different - the first time I feed Paisley rice cereal she loved it. For Cosette, it is just another form of torture.

"This seat is kinda fun."

"What are they putting in my mouth?"

"Ugh... this is disgusting!"

"Why mom? Why?!?"

And here is a final "yummy" picture. She loves her exersaucer - however this playtime was cut short thanks to the puddle that began to form underneath her. Sometimes the integrity of the diapers just has to be tested...

6 comments:

Krista Darrach said...

She is such a cutie! Funny how they (we) are all so unique with our traits and qualities.
Thank goodness eh? Would be boring if were all the same.
She is too cute...
Good luck - with your princess.

Durfee Family said...

Oh how fun! Nothing like trying to figure out each child that comes to the family! They definitely are unique! She is darling and before you know it she will be toddling around! She is growing SO fast!

(BTW - that was so cute about Paisley and the "ope" post! That will make Hope happy!)

Melanie Papworth said...

Sorry sleeping is so hard. If it helps, although I know it doesn't, we have had two crappy sleepers in a row. I know it doesn't make your life easier, but just know we have suffered with the same problem as well!
Oh, and Hunger Games is on my list - I hope to get to it in a couple months...

AndersonGR8 said...

So just paddle her cute little backside and put her back in the crib like we used to you. Like that did any good - only to be rescued by one of the big sisters to sleep in bed with them. No wonder you can never sleep alone. This little lady is growing up way too fast for grandparents far away. Must be time for a trip to the Southwest.

HowellAZ said...

Ha! Too bad the rice cereal didn't do the trick - I think I'll just start my kids out on straight cream...heavy and thick. That should fill 'em up right? The pictures were great - funny to see the excitement turn to sheer and utter disappointment!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Oh my heck, that was a puddle!! Love it!! I can't believe how big she is! I saw your mom and dad last week, I just love them!! I can't wait till you come to visit them, cause you have no reason not to see me, I am right around the corner! Love you Cyndi!