11.16.2009

Monday Moms!

"Yes I love technology
But not as much as you, you see
But I still love technology
Always and forever" - Kip

Somebody asked me if I was going to switch over from "real" scrapbooking to digital and I really had to think about it. I like the way that digital looks so cute without all the mess. I like that I wouldn't always have to be printing off prints. I like that there are lots of ready-made things that can speed up the process. BUT I hate looking at computer screens and I already do it way more than I should - so I think I am going to stick with the old-school way.

But this got me thinking...

I totally have a love/hate relationship with the computer. I love it because it is how I do most everything - keep up with family and friends, pay bills, do my church calling, find recipes, get directions, find awesome deals, renew library books, watch videos with Blake, find craft ideas, stalk people, store photos, self-diagnose ailments, get baby advice, hear music, etc...

But I also hate that I am so computer-dependent. I don't like when I have to get on the computer when Paisley is awake because I don't want her to grow up thinking life should be spent sitting in front of a screen. I really try not to ever "piddle" around on the computer since I am already on it so much with the above listed activities. The only "piddling" I allow myself is during nap time - and since there are a million other things I should be doing the "piddling" usually doesn't last long.

Anyways, totally random thoughts - but I just get overwhelmed with how "connected" we have to be in this world and it is only going to be worse for my kiddos. I just hope they don't forget to unplug themselves every now and then.


2 comments:

erin said...

I totally agree with you! Sometimes it really bugs me that so much is done on the computer. They can be used for so much good... but it's easy to waste too much time on here!

Oh, and I want to go watch Napoleon Dynamite now :)

Melanie Papworth said...

Oh, Kip and LaFawnduh. Gotta love 'em!