12.18.2009

Blabbering...

It is pretty clear when Blake has a Scout campout because there will be some random and very wordy post on here that was published between the hours of 12am and 8am...

Something I will definitely not miss about AZ is the Scout campouts. Sometimes I think people mistake this for me hating Blake's calling as Scoutmaster - which is totally false. I love that Blake gets to work with the young men at church - he is great at it. I would love it if they called him to the exact same position in our new ward... because then I have family to hang out with while he treks off on his monthly camping trip; whereas, now these Friday nights consist of me keeping Paisley up way past her bedtime, eating a whole pan of brownies by myself, and avoiding bedtime at all costs.

But this got me thinking of what will and won't be missed in AZ...

Things I will miss about AZ:
*Swimming
*Sunsets
*Hiking to Indian ruins
*The Adobe Ward YW and Leaders - past and present
*Running at 6am in DECEMBER in shorts and a t-shirt
*CVS
*Wearing Halloween costumes without coats over them
*The smell of orange blossoms
*45 MPH speed limit on surface roads
*Fossil Springs
*FRIENDS
*The metal giraffe that I pass on the corner of Val-Vista and Main
*When the wind blows and it rains all angry-like
*Superstition Ranch Market
*The gym
*Feeding the ducks after we visit the library
*Tempe town lake
*Kokopellis

Things I won't miss about AZ:
*Flat roofs
*Scalding hot slides
*Rock yards
*Christmas time - As a non-native, the holidays just aren't the same
*Blake's 45 minute commute
*Shopping at Fry's when it is Seniors Day
*The neighbor's dogs
*Mesa water

5 comments:

KaraLee Anderson said...

I can't believe you guys are moving! Good luck with everything!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

I am still so excited for you guys, it will be a good change! I love the box train, what fun!! Hope all goes well, and I am looking forward to seeing you more, well hopefully!! haha! Love ya!

Durfee Family said...

I have to admit I'm glad you are going to miss something about AZ! But I know we will mostly be missing you! I really am happy for you!!

Zoƫ said...

I will miss you! I understood all of them except Mesa water. Is it different than other water? Ha ha Love you!

Mikelle said...

I am laughing at this post. Very funny and all very true. I found myself nodding my head at all the things on your list good and bad.